Anyone whom have obtained the legal age of their country can make a Will. You can even write your own Will and you need not go to a lawyer unless your affairs are very complicated.
The person making a Will is referred as to Testator/Testatrix (male/female).
Requirement for residents in Malaysia:-
- Sound mind
- If the testator is under drug influence (in medications/hospitalized), It advised to obtain an letter from the medical practioner stating that is testator is sound of mind and not in influence of any medications.
- Muslim estate distribution are governed by Syariah Law. Our MyWill software are only valid for use with non-muslim only.
Requirement for residents in Singapore:-
- Attained the age of 18 for Peninsular Malaysia and Sarawak (Section 4 Wills Act 1959 )
- Attained the age of 21 for Sabah (Section 4 Wills Ordinance 1953 )
- Sound mind (Section 3 Wills Act 1959)
- Attained the age of 21 (CHAPTER 352, WILLS ACT)
For more information in Singapore Wills Act, Kindly visit statutes.agc.gov.sg
Quality Credentials has made every effort to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the contents, information or data contained in this section. Quality Credentials does not represent or warrant the truth, accuracy, completeness and correctness of the same. The information herein have been obtained or derived from sources believed by Quality Credentials to be reliable. Quality Credentials accepts no liability for loss or damage suffered or incurred by you or your estate as a result of you relying on any advice given or any wrongful advice provided by Quality Credentials or howsoever arising from the use of the information or material presented herein.
If you know that the information in your country differs from that given
above, and if you can supply good references to prove it, then please
This page is intended for educational purposes only and should not be
used to inform personal decisions. If you are in any doubt about the age of consent law in your region then please seek expert legal advice.